Please don't despair, the amount of spambots we are getting right now is making it difficult to sort.
WHEN YOU REGISTER PLEASE send a message to my Yahoo Messenger or AIM (IF i am online). In the message please include your e-mail address AND your username. The sorting function does not allow sorting via e-mail address. Please send to Yahoo since it will archive messages sent when i am offline and i will get them next time i get online. PLEASE stop sending e-mails to TheSnowGod. He's even busier than Tdah and I. IF YOU DON'T GET A RESPONSE FROM IM within 24 hours, send e-mail to my account.
When I get a message through Yahoo requesting activation I will get it done ASAP and I will respond through the messenger program. If you do not send a message through Yahoo or AIM after a few days I will assume that the account is SPAM and we all know what happens to SPAM. Smile
Don't bother sending nasty messages, either to instant messenger OR e-mail. Nasty messages are not a great way to get things done around here. If you're nasty to someone who controls your account activation, how can we expect you to treat other members who can't delete your account?
If you sign up, don't send a message, and I accidently delete your account thinking it is SPAM please re-register and send me a message IMMEDIATELY.
The easiest way to keep from being deleted as spam is to
1. Not have a .ru or .de or a cashette.com email address
2. Not enter a website URL in your profile during setup. Typically those get canned in the first wave.
3. Try not to hyphenate your username or include things like viagra, cialis, mortgage, or casino in any of your profile information
4. Random number and letter strings get the boot immediately; i don't even check to see if there is a web address. This goes for usernames and email addresses.
5. Spambots often use the same string of characters for their username and for their email account name. These accounts also get deleted without prejudice.
6. After activation please log in to the site at least once to confirm activation. The next phase of the database cleanup is going to be dumpig all of the inactive, never used accounts. Most of these will be SPAMbots, but some are regular users who join, activate and then never ever log in.
If there are ever any questions about account activation please contact me via intant messenger, or if no response contact Tdah73, martijn or TheSnowGod.
EDITs: Many, adjusting the procedure for signing up to expedite activations.
ALL NEW USERS PLEASE NOTE:
You will not receive an e-mail stating that your account has been activated. You need to check by attempting to log in. If you do not get activated within a reasonable amount of time
Send an instant message through AOL or Yahoo to myself, tdah73 or TheSnowGod.
It takes TIME to go through the spambots.
I just deleted 160+ spambots from the last 2 days. Yes, 2 days....160 spambots.
And I was able to activate ONE account.
There are a few others that I did not activate because they aren't obvious spam accounts, BUT they were also not obvious motorcycle accounts either.
I will again reiterate the NEED to NOT put a website address in the www section of the form. This makes it appear to be spam. Unless it says myspace i don't even click the link to verify. If it is a myspace.com address, i look for motorcycle related content on that profile. If none, the account is saved, but NOT activated pending notification from the account owner.
We all work very diligently to keep filthy spammer scum off of these forums. Please help us to streamline the account activation process by sending an instant message WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT so that we know that it is a real account and can get it activated as soon as possible.
"I'd rather go riding than not." Ron "Cyclenerd"
Memorialize how they lived: Matt, Andrew, Joe, Kevin, Isaac, Kody, Ashwin
Take control back: http://www.fairtax.org/
"...you've got to create safety, not wait for it to naturally form around you." - Jopo16