Post questions or your reviews about aftermarket equipment, tires, and riding gear.
Moderators: slug, tdah73
Hello All! I have a 1999 Thundercat which was basically a barn find, now converted to a street rat fighter (still havent worked out how to post pictures; will do so when I have). I bought it for £500 (about $650) on ebay. All works well... but the rear shock is completely gone and needs to be replaced. After a quick google search I can only find new shocks in the range of 300-400. While I could get a second one much cheaper on ebay, they are all over 30,000 miles and so will soon have the same problems as mine. Can anyone advise on an alternative much cheaper shock I could install?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am
- Last Visit: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm
- I Ride: 1999 rat streetfighter
The common replacement us using an early R6 shock with the adapter that Lewis Fabrications or Cylons on this site make.
- Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
- Posts: 5028
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:04 pm
- Last Visit: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- I Ride: 2004 YZF600RS
- Bike Color: Silver/Black
- I also ride: 1996 YZF600RH2
- Bike Color: Silver/Yellow/Blue
- Bike Mileage: 19k+ km
- Bike Mileage: 118k+ km
Return to Equipment, Gear, and Tires
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest