Rubber to metal shift

Post questions or your reviews about aftermarket equipment, tires, and riding gear.

Moderators: slug, tdah73

Re: Rubber to metal shift

Postby tuning-forks » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:25 pm

I'd honestly try Yamabond, but I already have it on hand. :D
The Seam Grip sounds like a good product.
tuning-forks
Tail sliding into turns
Tail sliding into turns

I Ride: '06 YZF600R
Bike Color: Blue
I also ride: '82 KZ550
Bike Color: Black
Bike Mileage: 25,000km
Bike Mileage: 80,000km

Re: Rubber to metal shift

Postby MadYZF » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Pepperoni wrote:
MadYZF wrote:Alpinestars quoted $100 to resole the boots. The SMX-1R model retails for $159.95 SMRP, so resoling doesn't make sense in my case. Also, toe shifter hole was deemed as too compromised for proper repair by their shop. Looks like I'll have to hunt down a new pair after all :(

I'd take their advice.

Also: Life -- YMMV.

Also, I'd suggest you take this opportunity to upgrade to a pair of motorcycle boots, not motorcycle shoes. You'll get lot more protection out of them. Just for example, RevZilla currently has 12 different models of boots all from name brand manufacturers ranging from $120 (closeout price) to $200. Of those, I think the new Sidi B2 Boots at $175 might be the best deal of the bunch (though Sidi's run *very narrow* in width). Check out Jafrum, Motorcycle Superstore, and Bike Bandit, too.

Ey... Got a pair of used SIDI B2 boots resoled for a combined total of $100. Great fit and sole feel. Thanks for the tip, P.
Cíclope YZF600RS
MadYZF
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master

Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA, NA, Terra, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo SC, Laniakea SC
I Ride: Yamaha YZF600RS (2004)
Bike Color: Liquid silver black (S3)
Bike Mileage: 22,205.1

Previous

Return to Equipment, Gear, and Tires