RIP NESBA

Get your fix for track day and all race info right here.

Moderators: slug, tdah73

RIP NESBA

Postby thesnowgod » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

While Chris and Munch probably won't care (they weren't huge fans :lol), I just now read that NESBA is dead and gone. Kinda a bummer for me. I enjoyed riding with them and thought they were cool. It would appear the "good folks" involved with NESBA will be involved with the company that is taking over.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=33329
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=33263
The next time you feel we're "too preachy" in here, do me a favor and call the familes of the people in my signature. Make sure you tell them that too. Then close your browser and never come back here again.

Ron "Cyclenerd" Paulsen ~ Matt "ZenKnight" Truslow ~ Andrew "Spitzer" Salerno ~ Joe "Otocan" Snell ~ Kevin "Captain Cat" Hoyt ~ Isaac "Classic" Klosterman ~ Aswhin "Ashwingop" Gopalakrishnan ~ Franchesca "FunRunTwin27" Martino ~ Lance "Lance420420" Brown
Don't cry over how they died. Smile at how they lived.
Thanks to you all, I know I'll never be riding alone.
thesnowgod
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I Ride: 1998 YZF600R
Bike Color: Candy Green over Crystal
I also ride: Anything I can

Re: RIP NESBA

Postby Kasey0104 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Road atlanta days.... Hmmmmm sounds like I need to make a road trip
97 YZF600r
06 636 Track Bike
2000 Concours ZG1000
02 Z06 Corvette
Kasey0104
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master

I Ride: 1997 YZF600r
Bike Color: Red/White
I also ride: 2006 ZX-6r 636
Bike Color: Plasma Blue
Bike Mileage: 44,000
Bike Mileage: 17,000

Postby Clinghoffer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Lots of drama. A lot like when they ditched the Midwest region, but apparently worse. Bad management and very, very poor communication. The forum has been going down hill, too.

Looks like the people that took over are going back to NESBA roots. They're even honoring monies paid to NESBA. Sounds like a good bunch of people that didn't want to lose the org.

Just got an email from them tonight. $5 memberships for a while instead of the usual $25.
All the bikes are gone, but the memories linger...
Clinghoffer
Site Contributor 2010
Site Contributor 2010

I Ride: the couch, mostly
I also ride: 2005 YZF600R - sold
Bike Color: Was Liquid Silver

Postby KBacon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Yeah... sad to see them go... got my track day start w/ them. But you know things aren't being managed right when they are selling out all midwest events... & then kill the Midwest region!!! Hopefully N2 will be for the better & not just a name change w/ the same old same old !!!
KBacon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I Ride: '05 R1
Bike Color: Blue
I also ride: '01 FZ1
Bike Color: Blue

Postby thesnowgod » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Clinghoffer wrote:
Looks like the people that took over are going back to NESBA roots. They're even honoring monies paid to NESBA. Sounds like a good bunch of people that didn't want to lose the org.

Just got an email from them tonight. $5 memberships for a while instead of the usual $25.

That alone speaks volumes to me. Thought it was cool. Didn't noticed the forums going downhill but haven't been on them much (obviously or I'd have known about all this prior to yesterday hahaha). Don't appear they'll be at NYST so it doesn't affect me much. Just kind of a mind blower to me since I really thought they were a great organization and I recommended them highly. Hoping N2 goes above and beyond and so far it appears they will. :ok
The next time you feel we're "too preachy" in here, do me a favor and call the familes of the people in my signature. Make sure you tell them that too. Then close your browser and never come back here again.

Ron "Cyclenerd" Paulsen ~ Matt "ZenKnight" Truslow ~ Andrew "Spitzer" Salerno ~ Joe "Otocan" Snell ~ Kevin "Captain Cat" Hoyt ~ Isaac "Classic" Klosterman ~ Aswhin "Ashwingop" Gopalakrishnan ~ Franchesca "FunRunTwin27" Martino ~ Lance "Lance420420" Brown
Don't cry over how they died. Smile at how they lived.
Thanks to you all, I know I'll never be riding alone.
thesnowgod
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I Ride: 1998 YZF600R
Bike Color: Candy Green over Crystal
I also ride: Anything I can

Return to Track Days & Racing