Front brake lever with no pressure

This is where keep all the step-by-step How Tos to get you through that project.

Moderators: slug, tdah73

Front brake lever with no pressure

Postby SANTIAGO CROW » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:52 pm

GUYS GOOD NIGHT! I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY FRONT BRAKE FLUID DEPOSIT I'LL ATACH THE PICTURE, I NOTICE MY FRONT BREAKS STARTED LOOSING POWER, THEN I REALIZED THAT MY DEPOSIT WAS LEAKING FLUID ON THE SIDE, I GRABBED IT AND I MADE A HOLE ON IT, I LEFT THE CAT FOR 3 DAYS WITH NO DEPOSIT, ANYWAY I THINK THE AIR WAS ALREADY INTO THE SYSTEM, I BOUGHT BREAK FLUID AND A NEW DEPOSIT, TODAY I SET UP THE NEW DEPOSIT AND GOT READY TO BLEED THE CALIPERS, MY SURPRISE WAS THAT WHEN I DID THE REGULAR BLEEDING PROCEDURE THE BRAKE LIQUID WAS BARELY COMING OUT, I HAVE TO SAY I DIDN'T HAVE THE PROPER HOSE ATTACHED (IT WAS A WIDER ONE) TOMORROW IM GETTING THE CORRECT HOSE AND A VACUM BLEEDER.
I WAS READING DIFFERENT POSTS REGARDING THIS ISSUE SO MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHAT SHALL I DO? SHALL I TRY THE REVERSE BLEEDING? SHALL I DO THE NORMAL ONE?

THE LEVER IS PUSHED OVERNIGHT SO TOMORROW IM TRYING AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY GET ALL THAT AIR OUT OF THE SYSTEM. ALSO TOMORROW I'M TESTING THE MC HAS THE ABILITY TO BUILD PRESSURE BY RELEASING A LIL BIT THE BANJO BOLT.

TO BE HONEST I REFILLED THE DEPOSIT WITH DOT 5 INSTEAD OF DOT 4 SO IM WONDERING IF ANY SEALS GOT DAMAGED BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIGURE THAT OUT.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT ELSE THE PROBLEM COULD BE?

HOW DO I KNOW THE SEALS ARE WORKING CORRECTLY?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!

FOR THE RECORD THE FRONT BREAKS DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, IT DOES NOTHING WHEN I PUSH THE LEVER.

HOPE TO HEAR YOUR TIPS AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IM FROM MEXICO CITY! I RIDE A '03 THUNDERCAT!Image

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
SANTIAGO CROW

Re: Front brake lever with no pressure

Postby YZJefF » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:13 am

Let us know how the Brake bleeding process works for you. it may take a little while and some patience to do this correctly.
YZJefF
Site Contributor 2010
Site Contributor 2010

Re: Front brake lever with no pressure

Postby SANTIAGO CROW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm

YZJefF wrote:Let us know how the Brake bleeding process works for you. it may take a little while and some patience to do this correctly.

Guys I had to do the reverse bleeding process otherwise it was very hard to get good results using the regular way!
It took me some time and needed help from another person. Finally my breaks are ready again! Today I took it for a ride! Feels great! Now time to go and set up the front suspension! Image

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
SANTIAGO CROW

Return to How To's: The Master List