International shopping

Post your experiences with Vendors you've purchased from.

Moderators: slug, tdah73

International shopping

Postby ynjoti » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Just finished ordering parts from http://www.partshark.com for the rebuild of my front fork, ordering basically everything except outer tubes, cap bolt, under-bracket, seal cover and steering cover. Set me back $511, out of which $50 is shipping cost. Thought I'd keep this post updated for all you Europeans (and others) who, like me, are always looking for US online stores providing reliable shipping and affordable parts.

Anyone with any thoughts on the price? Don't know if this would be considered a reasonable price in the US, but to me, this is cheap. Same parts from a Norwegian dealer would be around $1K. UKs wemoto came out at around 500 as well, but in GBP... :s1ug

-Joe
ATGATT. Always.
ynjoti

I Ride: '00 YZF600R
Bike Color: Silver

Re: International shopping - Update

Postby ynjoti » Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am

Finally got the parts. Took 14 days sharp, and cost me another $180 in Norwegian VAT, which was expected. The guys at Partshark missed one small part, this was shipped in a separate envelope, and arrived at the same day; no sweat. Apart from the delivery time being a bit over the top, all in all I'm satisfied with both the products and the customer service. Definitely recommended.

Another update: Ordered the digital Vapor speedo and dash from http://www.trailtech.net. Had to haggle a bit on the shipping cost, got it down from $114 to $55. Fast delivery, but one big problem: They ship by UPS. UPS delivered the package at my door after around ten days, but didn't declare it with customs before delivery. Had to wait another ten days before I could legally open the package. Still worth the wait, that speedo is awesome! :rockon

-Joe
ATGATT. Always.
ynjoti

I Ride: '00 YZF600R
Bike Color: Silver

Return to Vendor Feedback