zero420's fighter - finished!

Ride naked!

Moderators: slug, tdah73

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby trbrincefield » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 pm

I have to ask, how did you get the wiring hidden in the frame? I just ran mine under the airbox, waiting for my trail tech gauges to get here to wire up, just wondering if I can make it cleaner looking. Also, any suggestions for mounting the trail tech vapor? Thanks! I'm new and full of questions.
trbrincefield
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm
Last Visit: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:42 am

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby zero420 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 pm

trbrincefield wrote:I have to ask, how did you get the wiring hidden in the frame? I just ran mine under the airbox, waiting for my trail tech gauges to get here to wire up, just wondering if I can make it cleaner looking. Also, any suggestions for mounting the trail tech vapor? Thanks! I'm new and full of questions.


I pulled the main wiring diagram inside the frame to the left of the carbs (view from sitting on the bike) and underneath the airbox (from there I split it to where I rewired a few things). I had to fabricate a bracket out of sheet metal and held it in place using Q style clamps. If you're running dirty bars, the Vapor comes with a mount, but if you're using the stock clipons, you'll need to get creative.
-Zero
aka - Phillip G.
crishard wrote:Damn right, Gogsy. Lift them tails high 'cause fat girls can't jump :jester


+1

My fighter/ build pix >
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=59723

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. "
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
User avatar
zero420
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 pm
Last Visit: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: SL,UT
I Ride: 07 YZF600R Street Fighter
Bike Color: Black/ Blue
Bike Mileage: 20,000+

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby trbrincefield » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:24 pm

zero420 wrote:
I pulled the main wiring diagram inside the frame to the left of the carbs (view from sitting on the bike) and underneath the airbox (from there I split it to where I rewired a few things). I had to fabricate a bracket out of sheet metal and held it in place using Q style clamps. If you're running dirty bars, the Vapor comes with a mount, but if you're using the stock clipons, you'll need to get creative.


Cool. That's exactly where I ran mine. And, yes, stock clip ons. Guess I need to work on my fabrication skills. Thanks!
trbrincefield
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm
Last Visit: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:42 am

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby zero420 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:00 pm

NP, I'll have to give her a good wash and post some update pix. I've done a bit more work since these ones were taken.
-Zero
aka - Phillip G.
crishard wrote:Damn right, Gogsy. Lift them tails high 'cause fat girls can't jump :jester


+1

My fighter/ build pix >
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=59723

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. "
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
User avatar
zero420
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 pm
Last Visit: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: SL,UT
I Ride: 07 YZF600R Street Fighter
Bike Color: Black/ Blue
Bike Mileage: 20,000+

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby Dragonslayer06 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Got any new photos? I've been a big fan of you're build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Dragonslayer06
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:45 am
Last Visit: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:25 am

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby Joedoom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am

Hey zero420,

I'm in SLC as well. I've been following for build and am def impressed. I was hoping that sometime we could go out for a ride. It would give me a chance to pick you brain and check out that 'Cat of yours.

Do you ride with any particular groups or clubs here in the Valley?
User avatar
Joedoom
Decent Rider
Decent Rider
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm
Last Visit: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 am
Location: Kearns, Utah
I Ride: 2005 Yamaha YZF600R
Bike Color: Orange and Black
Bike Mileage: 90000

Re: zero420's fighter - finished!

Postby zero420 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:11 am

Yeah man, we could ride. I don't have a "group" group, just a couple of fellow riders that I ride with every now and then. Looking to get a group started though. PM me some time and we'll get something put together.
-Zero
aka - Phillip G.
crishard wrote:Damn right, Gogsy. Lift them tails high 'cause fat girls can't jump :jester


+1

My fighter/ build pix >
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=59723

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. "
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
User avatar
zero420
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 pm
Last Visit: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 pm
Location: SL,UT
I Ride: 07 YZF600R Street Fighter
Bike Color: Black/ Blue
Bike Mileage: 20,000+

Previous

Return to Streetfighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest