Bike won't start please help!!

Ride naked!

Moderators: slug, tdah73

Bike won't start please help!!

Postby billy.redwine.4 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Alright so I recently took my thundercat to nothing, took the engine completely apart to replace second gear. Put her all back together and when I first started she ran pretty good. Now she won't stay running.

So the build was at a friends house and I brought it back to my house so I can mess with it a bit as I go(used my truck to get it here). Here is what happens. The fuel and the fuel pump are on and plugged in and it won't run, it cranks but won't start. So I turned the fuel OFF and UN-plugged the fuel pump to drain the carbs(it's a 1998 Yamaha YZF600R) let it crank for a few seconds and it started and wanted to idle, but if I put any throttle to it it would die. So I had it started and idling for about 3 min and I decided to make out the fuel pump back in and turn the fuel back on, not 2 seconds after I did the bike died.

Idk where to look, what to do, idk. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billy.redwine.4

Re: Bike won't start please help!!

Postby zero420 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm assuming that you've fightered your cat as you're posting this in the streetfighters section. If that's the case, have you modded your air box, added a jet kit, tuned the carbs.. etc. Tell us a little more about what you're working with.
-Zero
aka - Phillip G.
crishard wrote:Damn right, Gogsy. Lift them tails high 'cause fat girls can't jump :jester

+1

My fighter/ build pix >
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=59723

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. "
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)
zero420
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master
Super Supreme YZF Mega Master

I Ride: 07 YZF600R Street Fighter
Bike Color: Black/ Blue
Bike Mileage: 20,000+

Return to Streetfighters